District 15 Tournament Director (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
District 15 Tournaments: February 18-20, 2022
D15 Squirt A, B, and B2 Tournaments- February 4-6, 2022
MN Hockey Regional Tournaments: March 4-6, 2022
MN Hockey State Tournaments: March 18-20, 2022
(Squirt A, B, and B2- February 4-6, 2022)
If you are hosting a district or regional tournament please refer to and follow the District Region and State Tournament Rules on the MN Hockey Handbook which can be found online at the Minnesota Hockey website.
1. All teams must declare at Fall Meeting which teams will be playing in the District 15 Tournament. Declarations are noted on the Homepage of the District 15 website at www.d15.pucksystems.com. If teams back out of the District 15 Tournament, the association will NOT be refunded their team fees that are paid by Dec. 31st.
***After declarations, all associations must register the declared teams on the D15 website and pay the team dues $180/ team at registration.
2. District Hosts keep all gate fees. 2022 Gate fees are $250.00 per team and should be paid by each team to the host association before the start of the tournament.
3. There is no team entry fee for District Tournaments. The District pays each association a team subsidy to help pay for tournament expenses. District Tournament Hosts are responsible for all tournament expenses including ice time, referees, and EMT's.
4. District and Regional Tournament Hosts are responsible for scheduling and paying referees and EMT's. Hosts are also responsible to provide and schedule penalty box officials, announcers, timekeepers and scorekeepers for all district tournament games and any other help that may be needed to operate the tournament.
5. District Brackets are not final until after being approved at the February District 15 meeting. Teams will be seeded into brackets at the February District Meeting or after weekend district games are completed.
7. SQUIRTS- District 15 will host an end of year Squirt District Tournament for the A, B1, and B2/C level teams. The brackets will be set up by a random draw for the teams with a 3 game guarantee. Squirt A will be hosted by Little Falls (Feb. 4-6, 2022). There will be 2 Squirt B divisions (4-6th, 2022) will be hosted by Park Rapids and Long Prairie. Squirt B2/C will be hosted by Wadena.
North Division teams: TBD
South Division teams: TBD
FYI, SQUIRT tournament pairings will be based on random draw, not season record or head to head match ups for both A & B divisions. Winner of district WILL NOT advance beyond district play.
8. 10U Girls- The brackets will be set up by a random draw for the teams
A: Hosted by Brainerd
B: Hosted by Brainerd
9. 12U Girls- A: Hosted by Fergus Falls
B: Hosted by Northern Lakes, Crosby Arena
10. 15U Girls-
11. PeeWee B1- Wadena hosting B1 tournament.
12. PeeWee B2- Benson hosting B2 tournament. (Bracket will be random draw and not set up by seeds.)
13. Bantam B1- Sauk Centre hosting B1 tournament.
14. Bantam B2- Morris hosting B2 tournament. (Bracket will be random draw and not set up by seeds.)
DISTRICT TOURNAMENT RULES
See the Minnesota Hockey District 15 Handbook 2020-2021 for all the rules.
|Level||# advance||Region||Regional Host|
|Bantam AA||2||North||Grand Rapids|
|Bantam B||2||North||Baudette (LOW)|
|15U A Girls||2||Olympic||Bemidji|
|12U A Girls||3||North||Proctor/Hermantown|
|12U B Girls||4||North||Bemidji|
Get your free Kids Guide to the Tokyo Olympics. Over 100 pages of games, puzzles, trivia and more!Download