Squirt and 10U Tournament Hosts
Click on the link below for rosters for all the teams participating the District 15 Tournament.
Please click on the menu button on the left side of the page to view the district tournament rotation and locations.
District 15 Tournaments: February 16-18, 2018
MN Hockey Regional Tournaments: March 2 - 4, 2018
MN Hockey State Tournaments: March 16-18, 2018
February 16-18, 2018
(Squirt A & B- February 9-11, 2018)
If you are hosting a district or regional tournament please refer to and follow the District Region and State Tournament Rules on pages 30-32 of the MN Hockey Handbook which can be found online at the Minnesota Hockey website.
1. All teams Declare at Fall Meeting which teams will be playing in the District 15 Tournament. Declarations are noted on the Homepage of the District 15 website at www.d15.pucksystems.com. If teams back out of the District 15 Tournament, the association will NOT be refunded their team fees that are paid by Dec. 31st.
2. District Hosts keep all gate fees. 2018 Gate fees are $250.00 per team and should be paid by each team to the host association before the start of the tournament.
3. There is no team entry fee for District Tournaments. The District pays each association a team subsidy to help pay for tournament expenses. District Tournament Hosts are responsible for all tournament expenses including ice time, referees, and EMT's.
4. District and Regional Tournament Hosts are responsible for scheduling and paying referees and EMT's. Hosts are also responsible to provide and schedule penalty box officials, announcers, timekeepers and scorekeepers for all district tournament games and any other help that may be needed to operate the tournament.
5. District Brackets are not final until after being approved at the February District 15 meeting. Teams will be seeded into bracket on Feb. 7th, 2018 at the District Meeting after weekend district games are completed.
7. SQUIRTS- District 15 will host an end of year Squirt District Tournament for the A and B1 level teams. Squirt A will be hosted by Brainerd. There will be 2 Squirt B divisions, Upper Division hosted by Walker and Lower Division hosted by Morris. There is a link at the top of this page for team managers or coaches to request access (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and add the roster, coach, and team manager info.
FYI, tournament pairings will be based on random draw, not season record or head to head match ups for both A & B divisions. Winner of district WILL NOT advance beyond district play.
An email will be sent out to all Squirt B coaches regarding their opinion on playing Upper or Lower Division for the tournament, you can email Cyndi at email@example.com anytime regarding this as well. The final decision on teams playing in Upper or Lower division brackets will be made around Jan. 15th, 2018.
8. 10U Girls- A: There are only 3 10U A teams so unfortunately there will NOT be a district tournament for the A level.
B: There are 8 10U B teams and District tournament will be in Fergus Falls.
9. 12U Girls- A: There are 4 12U A teams so the District tournament will be in Fergus Falls. 2 teams advance to the regional tournament.
B: There are only 3 12U B teams so there will not be a district tournament. It was decided at the MN Hockey meetings on Jan. 27th, District 15 will be sending 3 teams to the Regional tournament. So teams will advance based on seedings at the end of regular district play. 12U B- Seed #1- Northern Lakes,
#3- Little Falls/ Prairie Centre
10. 15U Girls- There will NOT be a District tournament this season for the A or B levels due to lack of teams.
11. PeeWee B- There may be a PEEWEE B CONSOLATION DISTRICT TOURNAMENT in Long Prairie for #9-#16 in District standings.
DISTRICT TOURNAMENT RULES
1. Period length- 15 minutes
2. Penalty Length- 2:00 minutes- this is a departure from league play, but specified in MN Hockey handbook.
3. Breaking of ties: In case of tie at end of regulation the teams will follow the Minnesota Hockey overtime format for regional tournament.
1. Two Minute Rest
2. First Overtime period- 10 minutes 5 on 5
3. Resurface Ice
4. Second Overtime period- 10 minutes 5 on 5
5. Two Minute Rest
6. Remaining overtime periods- 10 minute 5 on 5 followed by 2 minute rests. Resurface every 3 periods of overtime
4. Running time: Running Time will be observed in third period when 6 goal or greater score differential occurs. If differential becomes less than 6 goals, stop time play will resume. Clock will stop only for timeouts taken, injuries, or at the discretion of the game officials. Penalties shall only be entered if it can be done without stopping the clock.
5. Goal Judges: Goal judges are not required per MN Hockey, but recommended if position can be staffed with qualified individuals.
6. Medical: EMT/Medical personnel required during all ongoing games.
7. Credentials checking not necessary as all teams are from our district and rosters/coaches have been verified at the district level.
8. Game scores should be updated on google doc provided immediately after each game is completed.
MN Hockey Regional Tournament- March 2-4, 2018
NOTE TO ALL TEAMS ADVANCING TO THE REGIONAL TOURNAMENT- District 15 has motel blocks for Bantam A & B, PeeWee A & B, and 12U A & B this season. DO NOT BOOK YOUR OWN BLOCKS!! On the last day of the District tournament, team managers will be sent the motel information for teams to book their own rooms. All motels are aware of this and know teams will be booking then.
Bantam A & B- top 3 teams advance (North Region)
Bantam AA Regional Tournament Host- Moorhead
Bantam A Regional Tournament Host- Detroit Lakes
Bantam B Regional Tournament Host- International Falls
PeeWee A & B- top 3 teams advancing (North Region)
PeeWee AA Regional Tournament Host- Bemidji
PeeWee A Regional Tournament Host- Virginia
PeeWee B Regional Tournament Host- Sauk Centre
15 U A Girls-
15U A Girls Regional Tournament Host- East Grand Forks
12U A & B- Top 2 teams advance for 12U A, Top 3 teams advance for 12U B
12U A Regional Tournament Host- Two Harbors
12U B Regional Tournament Host- Moose Lake
MN State Hockey Tournaments-
March 16-18, 2018
District 15 Tournament Director (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)