District 15 Tournament Director (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Is your Sanctioned Tournament application approved by District 15? Scroll down to the bottom of this page. All approved tournaments are listed. Please see MN Hockey website if your tournament application is approved by MN Hockey.
District 15 Tournaments: February 14-16, 2020
D15 Squirt A and B Tournaments- Feb. 7-9, 2020
MN Hockey Regional Tournaments: Feb. 28- Mar. 1, 2020
MN Hockey State Tournaments: March 13-15, 2020
|1.||Northern Lakes||Squirt A District||Feb. 7-9, 2020|
|2.||Benson||PeeWee B Region||Feb. 28- Mar. 1, 2020|
|3.||Morris||Bantam B District||Feb. 14-16, 2020|
|4.||Wadena||10U A District||Feb. 14-16, 2020|
|5.||Park Rapids||PeeWee B1 District||Feb. 14-16, 2020|
|6.||Fergus Falls||PeeWee A District||Feb. 14-16, 2020|
|7.||Long Prairie||Squirt B South District||Feb. 7-9, 2020|
|8.||Sauk Centre||PeeWee B2 District||Feb. 14-16, 2020|
|9.||Detroit Lakes||Bantam A District||Feb. 14-16, 2020|
|10.||Little Falls||12U B District||Feb. 14-16, 2020|
|Little Falls||Bantam B Region||Feb. 28-Mar. 1, 2020|
|11.||Alexandria||Bantam A Region||Feb. 28- Mar. 1, 2020|
|Bantam B2 District||Feb. 14-16, 2020|
|12.||Park Rapids||Squirt B North District||Feb. 7-9, 2020|
|13.||Brainerd||10U B District||Feb. 14-16, 2020|
|14.||Moorhead||15U A Region||Feb. 28- Mar. 1, 2020|
|Moorhead||15U A State||Mar. 13-15, 2020|
Squirt and 10U Tournament Hosts
Click on the link below for rosters for all the teams participating the District 15 Tournament.
(Squirt A & B- February 7-9, 2020)
If you are hosting a district or regional tournament please refer to and follow the District Region and State Tournament Rules on pages 30-32 of the MN Hockey Handbook which can be found online at the Minnesota Hockey website.
1. All teams must declare at Fall Meeting which teams will be playing in the District 15 Tournament. Declarations are noted on the Homepage of the District 15 website at www.d15.pucksystems.com. If teams back out of the District 15 Tournament, the association will NOT be refunded their team fees that are paid by Dec. 31st.
2. District Hosts keep all gate fees. 2020 Gate fees are $250.00 per team and should be paid by each team to the host association before the start of the tournament.
3. There is no team entry fee for District Tournaments. The District pays each association a team subsidy to help pay for tournament expenses. District Tournament Hosts are responsible for all tournament expenses including ice time, referees, and EMT's.
4. District and Regional Tournament Hosts are responsible for scheduling and paying referees and EMT's. Hosts are also responsible to provide and schedule penalty box officials, announcers, timekeepers and scorekeepers for all district tournament games and any other help that may be needed to operate the tournament.
5. District Brackets are not final until after being approved at the February District 15 meeting. Teams will be seeded into bracket on February 3rd, 2020 at the District Meeting after weekend district games are completed.
7. SQUIRTS- District 15 will host an end of year Squirt District Tournament for the A and B1 level teams. The brackets will be set up by a random draw for the teams (Squirt teams are NOT required to report scores to District 15 and are NOT seeded by wins & losses). Squirt A will be hosted by Northern Lakes (Feb. 7-9th). There will be 2 Squirt B divisions (Feb. 7-9th), North Division hosted by Park Rapids and South Division hosted by Long Prairie. There is a link at the top of this page for team managers or coaches to request access T(email: email@example.com) and add the roster, coach, and team manager info.
North Division teams: Alexandria Red, Detroit Lakes Black, Morris-Benson Blue, Northern Lakes, Park Rapids, Wadena
South Division teams: Alexandria Black, Alexandria White, Brainerd, Detroit Lakes White, Little Falls, Morris-Benson Silver, Prairie Centre
FYI, tournament pairings will be based on random draw, not season record or head to head match ups for both A & B divisions. Winner of district WILL NOT advance beyond district play.
8. 10U Girls- The brackets will be set up by a random draw for the teams (10U teams are NOT required to report scores to District 15 and are NOT seeded by wins & losses).
A: 3 teams. There will be a round robin district tournament, Hosted by Wadena.
B: 5 teams, Hosted by Brainerd
9. 12U Girls- A: 3 teams. NO DISTRICT TOURNAMENT, 3 teams advance to Regional tournament and the teams will advance according to their seed at the end of the District play.
B: 8 teams, Hosted by Little Falls
10. 15U Girls- 2019 There will NOT be a District tournament this season for the A or B levels due to lack of teams.
11. PeeWee B1- Park Rapids hosting Bi tournament. There are 9 teams declared B1, so the 9th seed will play in the B2 District Tournament.
12. PeeWee B2- Sauk Centre hosting B2 tournament. 6 teams total including the 9th seed from B1 district play. (Bracket will be random draw and not set up by seeds.)
DISTRICT TOURNAMENT RULES
See the Minnesota Hockey District 15 Handbook 2019-2020 above for all the rules
|Level||# advance||Region||Regional Host|
|Bantam B||3||West||Little Falls|
|PeeWee AA||2||North||Grand Rapids|
|15U A Girls||2||Olympic||Moorhead|
|12U A Girls||3||West||Richfield|
|12U B Girls||3||West||Lakeville|
NEW RULE FOR INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENTS
(copied from Minnesota Hockey website)
The host of an Invitational Tournament shall respond within ten business days of the receipt of any application and inform the applicant whether the application is accepted, incomplete, declined or wait listed. Responses shall include the following:
a.) If incomplete, the reason it is deemed incomplete shall be identified and the date by which any deficiencies are to be corrected.
b.) If wait listed, the date a final decision will be made to accept or decline the application. If wait listed the applicant shall be allowed to withdraw the application any time before acceptance and receive a full refund.
c.) If declined, refund of all tournament fees.
The acceptance of any application will be deemed a final decision; the host will not be permitted to decline a previously accepted application unless the tournament is cancelled.
Penalties for violating this rule, such as excluding the host team, will be determined by the District Director.
(As approved at April 2019 Minnesota Hockey Board Meeting)
|Host Association||Level(s)||Tournament Dates||Approved by D15|
|Moorhead||PeeWee B||November 15-17, 2019||Yes|
|Breezy Point (Northern Lakes)||12U B||November 15-17, 2019||Yes|
|Moorhead||Bantam B||November 22-24, 2019||Yes|
|Breezy Point (Northern Lakes)||PeeWee B2||November 22-24, 2019||Yes|
|Moorhead||15U B||November 22-24, 2019||Yes|
|Moorhead||12U B||Nov 29- Dec. 1, 2019||Yes|
|Breezy Point (Northern Lakes)||Squirt A||Nov. 29- Dec. 1, 2019||Yes|
|Alexandria||Squirt B2||Nov. 29- Dec. 1, 2019||Yes|
|Brainerd||Bantam B||Nov. 29-Dec. 1, 219||Yes|
|Brainerd||Bantam B2||NOv. 29-Dec. 1, 2019||Yes|
|Detroit Lakes||Bantam B||Nov. 29-Dec.1, 2019||Yws|
|Moorhead||10U A/B||December 6-8, 2019||Yes|
|Breezy Point (Northern Lakes)||Bantam B3||December 6-8, 2019||Yes|
|Alexandria||10UA||December 6-8, 2019||Yes|
|Alexandria||10UB||December 6-8, 2019||Yes|
|Brainerd||Bantam AA||December 6-8, 2019||Yes|
|Detroit Lakes||PeeWee A||December 6-8, 2019||Yes|
|Little Falls||Squirt B||December 6-8, 2019||Yes|
|Moorhead||Squirt A/B||December 13-15, 2019||Yes|
|Breezy Point (Northern Lakes)||PeeWee C||December 13-15, 2019||Yes|
|Alexandria||PeeWee B||December 13-15, 2020||Yes|
|Alexandria||Squirt C||December 13-15, 2019||Yes|
|Sauk Centre||Bantam B||December 14-15, 2019||Yes|
|Brainerd||Squirt A||December 13-15, 2019||Yes|
|Little Falls||Mite 1/2 ice||December 15, 2019||Yes|
|Breezy Point (Northern Lakes)||10U B||December 20-22, 2019||Yes|
|Moorhead||Junior Gold B||December 27-29, 2019||Yes|
|Breezy Point (Northern Lakes)||PeeWee A||December 27-29, 2019||Yes|
|Moorhead||15U A||January 3-5, 2020||Yes|
|Breezy Point (Northern Lakes)||12U B||January 3-5, 2020||Yes|
|Alexandria||Bantam B||January 3-5, 2020||Yes|
|Alexandria||Bantam B2||January 3-5, 2020||Yes|
|Sauk Centre||PeeWee A||January 4-5, 2020||Yes|
|Brainerd||PeeWee B||January 3-5, 2020||Yes|
|Brainerd||PeeWee B2||January 3-5, 2020||Yes|
|Moorhead||PeeWee AA/A||January 10-12, 2020||Yes|
|Breezy Point (Northern Lakes)||Squirt B||January 10-12, 2020||Yes|
|Alexandria||Girls 12UA||January 10-12, 2020||Yes|
|Alexandria||Girls 12UB||January 10-12, 2020||Yes|
|Sauk Centre||Squirt A||January 11-12, 2020||Yes|
|Brainerd||12U A||January 10-12, 2020||Yes|
|Brainerd||12U B||January 10-12, 2020||Yes|
|Moorhead||Squirt C||January 17-19, 2020||Yes|
|Breezy Point (Northern Lakes)||PeeWee B2||January 17-19, 2020||Yes|
|Alexandria||Bantam AA-A||January 17-19, 2020||Yes|
|Alexandria||PeeWee AA-A||January17-19, 2020||Yes|
|Sauk Centre||Squirt B||January 18-19, 2020||Yes|
|Brainerd||Squirt C||January 17-19, 2020||Yes|
|Breezy Point (Northern Lakes)||10U B||January 24-26, 2020||Yes|
|Alexandria||15UA||January 24-26, 2020||Yes|
|Alexandria||15UB||January 24-26, 2020||Yes|
|Sauk Centre||Mite 1/2 ice||January 25, 2020||Yes|
|Sauk Centre||8U 1/2 ice||January 26, 2020||Yes|
|Brainerd||10U B||January 24-26, 2020||Yes|
|Brainerd||10U B2||January 24-26, 2020||Yes|
|Breezy Point (Northern Lakes)||PeeWee B1||January 31st- Feb. 2, 2020||Yes|
|Alexandria||PeeWee B2||Jan. 31- Feb. 2, 2020||Yes|
|Alexandria||Squirt A||Jan. 31- Feb. 2, 2020||Yes|
|Brainerd||Squirt B||Jan. 31- Feb. 2, 2020||Yes|
|Brainerd||Squirt B2||Jan. 31- Feb. 2, 2020||Yes|
|Detroit Lakes||Bantam A||Jan. 31- Feb. 2, 2020||Yes|
|Moorhead||12U A||February 7-9, 2020||Yes|
|Breezy Point (Northern Lakes)||Squirt C||February 7-9, 2020||Yes|
|Breezy Point (Northern Lakes)||PeeWee C||February 14-16, 2020||Yes|
|Moorhead||Bantam C||February 21-23, 2020||Yes|
|Moorhead||PeeWee C||February 21-23, 2020||Yes|
|Breezy Point (Northern Lakes)||Squirt B||February 21-23, 2020||Yes|
|Breezy Point (Northern Lakes)||Squirt C||Feb.28- Mar. 1, 2020||Yes|