District 15 Tournaments: February 15-17, 2019
D15 Squirt A and B Tournaments- Feb. 8-10, 2019
MN Hockey Regional Tournaments: March 1 - 3, 2019
MN Hockey State Tournaments: March 15-17, 2019
|#1||Little Falls||Bantam A District||Feb. 15-17, 2019|
|#2||Northern Lakes||PeeWee A District||Feb. 15-17, 2019|
|#3||Benson||Bantam B District||Feb. 15-17, 2019|
|#4||Morris||PeeWee B1 District||Feb. 15-17, 2019|
|#6||Park Rapids||Squirt B North District||Feb. 8-10, 2019|
|#7||Alexandria||Bantam B Regional||Mar. 1-3, 2019|
|#8||Walker||PeeWee B Regional||Mar. 1-3, 2019|
|#9||Fergus Falls||Squirt A District||Feb. 8-10, 2019|
|Fergus Falls||12U A&B District||Feb. 15-17, 2019|
|#10||Brainerd||PeeWee AA/A Regional||Mar. 1-3, 2019|
|#11||Long Prairie||Squirt B South District||Feb. 8-10, 2019|
|#12||Sauk Centre||PeeWee B2 District||Feb. 15-17, 2019|
|#13||Detroit Lakes||10U A&B District||Feb. 15-17, 2019|
|#14||Moorhead||Bantam AA/A State||Mar. 16-17, 2019|
Squirt and 10U Tournament Hosts
Click on the link below for rosters for all the teams participating the District 15 Tournament.
|North Bracket||South Bracket|
|2.||Fergus Falls||Little Falls|
|3.||Moorhead Black||Moorhead Orange|
|4.||Morris-Benson Silver||Morris Benson Blue|
|5.||Park Rapids||Prairie Centre|
(Squirt A & B- February 8-10, 2019)
If you are hosting a district or regional tournament please refer to and follow the District Region and State Tournament Rules on pages 30-32 of the MN Hockey Handbook which can be found online at the Minnesota Hockey website.
1. All teams must declare at Fall Meeting which teams will be playing in the District 15 Tournament. Declarations are noted on the Homepage of the District 15 website at www.d15.pucksystems.com. If teams back out of the District 15 Tournament, the association will NOT be refunded their team fees that are paid by Dec. 31st.
2. District Hosts keep all gate fees. 2018 Gate fees are $250.00 per team and should be paid by each team to the host association before the start of the tournament.
3. There is no team entry fee for District Tournaments. The District pays each association a team subsidy to help pay for tournament expenses. District Tournament Hosts are responsible for all tournament expenses including ice time, referees, and EMT's.
4. District and Regional Tournament Hosts are responsible for scheduling and paying referees and EMT's. Hosts are also responsible to provide and schedule penalty box officials, announcers, timekeepers and scorekeepers for all district tournament games and any other help that may be needed to operate the tournament.
5. District Brackets are not final until after being approved at the February District 15 meeting. Teams will be seeded into bracket on Feb. 4th, 2019 at the District Meeting after weekend district games are completed.
7. SQUIRTS- District 15 will host an end of year Squirt District Tournament for the A and B1 level teams. Squirt A will be hosted by Fergus Falls (Feb. 8-10th). There will be 2 Squirt B divisions (Feb. 8-10th), North Division hosted by Park Rapids and South Division hosted by Long Prairie (the teams are listed above). There is a link at the top of this page for team managers or coaches to request access (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and add the roster, coach, and team manager info.
North Division teams: Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Morris/ Benson Silver, Park Rapids, Northern Lakes
South Division teams: Brainerd, Little Falls, Moorhead Orange, Morris/Benson Blue, Prairie Centre, Wadena
FYI, tournament pairings will be based on random draw, not season record or head to head match ups for both A & B divisions. Winner of district WILL NOT advance beyond district play.
8. 10U Girls- A: There are 3 teams and there will be a Round Robin District Tournament Hosted by Detroit Lakes
B: There are 8 teams and the District Tournament will be hosted by Detroit Lakes.
9. 12U Girls- A: There are 4 teams and the District Tournament will be hosted by Fergus Falls.
B: There are 6 teams and the District Tournament will be hosted by Fergus Falls.
10. 15U Girls- 2019 There will NOT be a District tournament this season for the A or B levels due to lack of teams.
11. PeeWee B1- There are 11 PeeWee B1 teams. The TOP 8 will participate in the PWB1 District Tournament hosted by Morris with a chance to make it to the Regional Tournament. Seeds 9-11 at the end of league play will participate in the PeeWee B2 District Tournament in Sauk Centre.
12. PeeWee B2- There are 5 PeeWee B2 teams. ALL 5 teams plus 3 teams (seeds 9-11) from the PeeWee B1 standings will play in the District PeeWee B2 Tournament hosted by Sauk Centre.
DISTRICT TOURNAMENT RULES
1. Period length- 15 minutes
2. Penalty Length- 2:00 minutes- this is a departure from league play, but specified in MN Hockey handbook.
3. Breaking of ties: In case of tie at end of regulation the teams will follow the Minnesota Hockey overtime format for regional tournament.
1. Two Minute Rest
2. First Overtime period- 10 minutes 5 on 5
3. Resurface Ice
4. Second Overtime period- 10 minutes 5 on 5
5. Two Minute Rest
6. Remaining overtime periods- 10 minute 5 on 5 followed by 2 minute rests. Resurface every 3 periods of overtime
4. Running time: Running Time will be observed in third period when 6 goal or greater score differential occurs. If differential becomes less than 6 goals, stop time play will resume. Clock will stop only for timeouts taken, injuries, or at the discretion of the game officials. Penalties shall only be entered if it can be done without stopping the clock.
5. Goal Judges: Goal judges are not required per MN Hockey, but recommended if position can be staffed with qualified individuals.
6. Medical: EMT/Medical personnel required during all ongoing games.
7. Credentials checking not necessary as all teams are from our district and rosters/coaches have been verified at the district level.
8. Game scores should be updated on google doc provided immediately after each game is completed.
MN Hockey Regional Tournament- March 1-3, 2019
Bantam A & B- top 2 teams advance (West Region)
Bantam AA Regional Tournament Host (North)- Warroad
Bantam A Regional Tournament Host- Monticello
Bantam B Regional Tournament Host- Alexandria
PeeWee A & B- top 2 teams advancing (West Region)
PeeWee AA Regional Tournament Host (North)- Brainerd
PeeWee A Regional Tournament Host- Brainerd
PeeWee B Regional Tournament Host- Walker
15 U A Girls- (Olympic Region)
15U A Girls Regional Tournament Host- Grand Rapids
12U A & B - Top 2 team advance (Olympic Region)
12U A Regional Tournament Host- Crookston
12U B Regional Tournament Host- Hibbing
MN State Hockey Tournaments-
March 15-17, 2019
District 15 Tournament Director (email: email@example.com)