District 15 Tournament Director (email: email@example.com)
Sanctioned Tournament Applications
Paper applications are officially a thing of the past!
1. All Sanctioned Tournament applications must be submitted online. The link is below.
Or go to MN Hockey website, then Tourneys, then Sanctioned Tournaments, scroll down to the section, "Hosting Sanctioned Tournaments" and click on 2020-21 Sanctioned Tournament Application.
2. You must submit your association tournament rules and the tournament brackets just like in previous years. REMEMBER: You do not need to have all the teams filled in on the brackets, you can list Team A, Team B or whatever. We just need to see the bracket format and game times to be sure all game time rules are followed.
3. You will have the option to pay the fees for the tournaments online or pay offline. If you choose to pay offline, the check MUST be postmarked 21 days in advance or it will be considered late and subject to late fees ($200). The fees are automatically calculated on the registration. If you choose to pay offline, the address to send it to MN Hockey will be on there. DO NOT send any payments to me, send them to the address you are given on the registration.
4. Applications MUST be submitted 21 days in advance to the start date of your tournament. NO applications will be accepted after Feb. 1st, 2021
5. Once you have submitted the Sanctioned Tournament Application Online, I will be able to view the information and approve it at the District level. Once it is approved from District 15, MN Hockey will review and approve. When it is approved by District 15, you will receive an email from me starting it is approved. MN Hockey will have it on their website once they approve it at their level.
6. Please remember, this process is also new to me, so I will do my best to keep up with sending emails and checking the MN Hockey website. If you have submitted an application and have not heard from me in 5 days, please kindly send me an email. The MN Hockey website does not notify me of a new application submitted so I have to periodically check it. So please let me know if you haven't heard so I can check it and then notify MN Hockey of District 15 approval. Thank you!
7. At this time, MN Hockey is working on creating a permit to be displayed at your sanctioned tournaments. This is not completed yet.
Cyndi Young, District 15 Tournament Director
District 15 Tournaments: February 12-14, 2021
D15 Squirt A and B Tournaments- Feb. 5-7, 2021
MN Hockey Regional Tournaments: Feb. 26-28, 2021
MN Hockey State Tournaments: March 12-14, 2021
|#1||Morris||Bantam B||Feb 12-14, 2021|
|#2||Wadena||Squirt B||Feb. 5-7, 2021|
|#4||Fergus Falls||Bantam A||Feb. 12-14, 2021|
|#6||Sauk Centre||Squirt B||Feb. 5-7, 2021|
|#7||Detroit Lakes||PeeWee A||Feb. 12-14, 2021|
|#8||Brainerd||10U B||Feb. 12-14, 2021|
|#9||Northern Lakes||12U B||Feb. 12-14, 2021|
|#10||Benson||PeeWee B1||Feb. 12-14, 2021|
|#11||Little Falls||Squirt A||Feb. 5-7, 2021|
|#12||Alexandria||Bantam B2||Feb. 12-14, 2021|
|#13||Moorhead||12U A||Feb. 12-14, 2021|
|Moorhead||15U State||Mar. 12-14, 2021|
(Squirt A & B- February 5-7, 2021)
If you are hosting a district or regional tournament please refer to and follow the District Region and State Tournament Rules on the MN Hockey Handbook which can be found online at the Minnesota Hockey website.
1. All teams must declare at Fall Meeting which teams will be playing in the District 15 Tournament. Declarations are noted on the Homepage of the District 15 website at www.d15.pucksystems.com. If teams back out of the District 15 Tournament, the association will NOT be refunded their team fees that are paid by Dec. 31st.
***After declarations, all associations must register the declared teams on the D15 website and pay the team dues $180/ team at registration.
2. District Hosts keep all gate fees. 2021 Gate fees are $250.00 per team and should be paid by each team to the host association before the start of the tournament.
3. There is no team entry fee for District Tournaments. The District pays each association a team subsidy to help pay for tournament expenses. District Tournament Hosts are responsible for all tournament expenses including ice time, referees, and EMT's.
4. District and Regional Tournament Hosts are responsible for scheduling and paying referees and EMT's. Hosts are also responsible to provide and schedule penalty box officials, announcers, timekeepers and scorekeepers for all district tournament games and any other help that may be needed to operate the tournament.
5. District Brackets are not final until after being approved at the February District 15 meeting. Teams will be seeded into brackets on February 2021 at the District Meeting or after weekend district games are completed.
7. SQUIRTS- District 15 will host an end of year Squirt District Tournament for the A and B1 level teams. The brackets will be set up by a random draw for the teams. Squirt A will be hosted by Little Falls (Feb. 5-7th). There will be 2 Squirt B divisions (Feb. 5-7th) will be hosted by Wadena and Sauk Centre. North Division and South Division will be decided after October District Meeting.
North Division teams:
South Division teams:
FYI, SQUIRT tournament pairings will be based on random draw, not season record or head to head match ups for both A & B divisions. Winner of district WILL NOT advance beyond district play.
8. 10U Girls- The brackets will be set up by a random draw for the teams
9. 12U Girls- A:
10. 15U Girls- 2020 15UA- There will NOT be a District tournament this season for the A level, 2 teams will advance to Regional Tournament according to their seed (1st & 2nd seeds) at the end of District play.
11. PeeWee B1- Benson hosting B1 tournament.
12. PeeWee B2- TBD hosting B2 tournament. (Bracket will be random draw and not set up by seeds.)
13. Bantam B1- Morris hosting B1 tournament.
14. Bantam B2- Alexandria hosting B2 tournament. (Bracket will be random draw and not set up by seeds.)
DISTRICT TOURNAMENT RULES
See the Minnesota Hockey District 15 Handbook 2019-2020 for all the rules.
|Level||# advance||Region||Regional Host|
|15U A Girls|
|12U A Girls|
|12U B Girls|
|Host Association||Level(s)||Tournament Dates||Approved by D15|
Coaches have kept sports alive in 2020. Has your kid's coach helped them through this crisis?Nominate them for a chance to win $2500!